View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 07:20 AM
cishockeyfan

vCash: 500
im very Intrigued this year by the Playoffs and what could happen, more than recent years seems the CIS has been much more balanced this year than at least the previous few years.

-Not only could any team become the 2nd team in the AUS to Qualify for the University Cup, but each team in the Playoffs is capable of Going to the University Cup as the AUS Champ and UNB going in simply as the Host.

-In the Canada West, I would say the favourites are manitoba and Alberta, saskatchewan is right their and I dont think you can count out Calgary. the Horny ones would be the only team without a chance to Make it to Fredericton. Of course Home Ice is Huge out West, and I think if Manitoba Clinches 1st, they are the front runner, but its still wide open much like the AUS

-The OUA East and West are very much up for Grabs, I would have Said Western is the Obvious favourite after their 2 Game sweep of Lakehead, but their two losses this past weekend show its anyones game. McGill Has Not been as dominant in their Conference as they have been in the Past Few Years, great record but close games. UQTR is right their with them. But to be honest Im cheering for Nippising to grab a nationals berth, theyve shown they can score with any team in the OUA, they will just have to get some timely goaltending, and hopefully the D will tighten up

My Predictions to be at the University Cup

Manitoba
McGill
Lakehead
Nippising
UNB
St Mary's

Pools will likely be
UNB, Lakehead, Nippising
Manitoba, McGill, St Marys

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote