View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 10:38 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I wanted to talk to the scouts that frequent these boards about the depth of our prospect pool. The more this season goes on, the more our team is relying on youth. This year, for all of its up and downs, is a great learning experience for our young players and we have an opportunity to really stack up on young talent with a number of expiring contracts this year.

If we look at our prospect pool under 25, I see:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Leblanc - Eller - Kristo
MacMillan - Bournival - Palushaj
Schultz - White - Blunden

Emelin - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Bennett - Weber

Price
x

What's our biggest organizational need? Who are the players that we should be targeting at the draft? Who's realistic? Who may be flying under the radar?

We have a lot of prospects but where do they measure up? We have Berger, Archambault, Fortier, Pribyl, Avtsin, Holland, Berger, Trunev, Dietz, Ellis and Stejskal. What is their potential?

I think with our transition this year to youth, a lot of fans, who would otherwise not pay much attention to the draft, may take a lot more interest this year.

Let's start a discussion on the draft. A lot of you have some great insight into prospects and it would be great to hear it.
Keeps going back to a #1 center. They are hard to acquire but a necessary for a Cup.