Thread: Recalled/Assigned: [Feb. 13] Ian Schultz sent back to Hamilton
View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Having said that, you probably have absolutely no idea whether or not other teams around the league dealing with injury/illness have made similar moves, do you. I'm sure if you actually poke around, you'll find that moves like this are not only fairly common around the league, but there's also a pattern of choosing players that possibly could fill in if it comes down to an emergency, but also won't be terribly missed by the AHL team they're being taken from. Players brought up for a look most often get to play. Players brought up to fill in emergency spots don't. In general, of course.

And if you think Schultz is getting a bum deal, you should check out the recalled/reassigned history of Jason Williams on the Penguins. Now true, HE ended up 8 games out of the whole deal, but I think he was recalled/reassigned after 1 day something like 6 or 7 times already this year, and at least 2 of those times he didn't even play a game before getting sent back down.

I know you don't want to hear about stuff like this, because it's easier and more fun to be mad about something for nothing, but it really, really does happen all the time around the league. And chances are you just don't understand the operational logistics/reasons behind it.
Well said OJ.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote