View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
JoeRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Agree.

And the thing about not having a top five pick, it was because management refused to pack it in year after year around the deadline. Never, ever did management take the approach to be sellers, and opted instead on acquiring players mid-season to try and make a run and qualify. All this did was place us 9-12 in the East and leave us with a mid-round pick. It was a flawed approach for years and screwed the club. Additionally, they made poor first round choices. The year Hugh Jessiman was picked, my God, take a look at the first round. Throw a dart and it would have been tough not to select a star.

Everything changed in March of 2004 when they finally smartened up. Drafting after that has been above average in my opinion, so I'll give credit where it's due. But it was multiple years of awful decisions that will forever leave me with a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to Glen Sather.
That has to one of the worst draft picks ever for this team. Its not even like you can say well he was supposed to be a great player but he just didnt pan out or he was picked where he should have been. I dont think that guy was on anyones radar. I remember guys who follow the draft and prospects saying the Rangers should draft a bunch of guys that were there when the Rangers were picking and they took Jessiman instead.

It really is sickening looking at the names taken after him. Just to make everyone throw up a little:
Dustin Brown, Brent Seabrook, Zach Parise, Ryan Getzlaf, Brent Burns, Ryan Kesler, Mike Richards, Brian Boyle and Corey Perry just in the 1st round

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote