View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Clipitar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Yeah, he was bad. But when acquired, he did come with 40 games of playoff experience... which is worth something, I guess. I'll always remember him as one of the last examples (I believe) of players being straight up traded for cash. Must have popped on Montreal's radar when they saw Tampa Bay trade him for Svoboda the year before, haha.
Well, he did have some NHL skating history prior to joining the Habs. Maybe it were these 40 games of playoff experience, but the coaching staff sure thought he was worthy of top-4 minutes for a good while during his Habs tenure.

I guess when you have a guy like Traverse for your bottom-pairing it kinda makes sense to have Dykhuis as your #4...

But this thread brings to my attention players who used to play a prominent role on the Habs. I know there are tons of bottom-sixers, bottom-pairers, NHL/AHL tweeners, 1st-rounder busts we can think of (lots of them have mentioned so far), but the real ones that make me cringe now that I'm recalling this highly depressive era are ones who were playing quality minutes yet had no business being there in the first place.

If Dykhuis had been Montreal's #7 D in the early 2000's, I probably wouldn't be thinking of him right now...

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote