View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 11:46 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
OK, but I guess im not sure how that would work...

if you dont trust him even if he signs a new contract extension, do you trade someone like Wilson or Hornqvist to clear cap space for him??

if we trade for carter(or worse, salary wise, nash) and then rads signs for 5 years at 5 mil per, I dont see how we make that work unless either Suter or Weber leaves or we move two of Hornqvist, SK, and Wilson...
It's a fair question. What I'm saying is that Radulov has to re-earn that trust assuming Poile is willing to given him that chance (meaning a new contract).

Even if Radulov says (now) he wants to re-up with Nashville after he completes his ELC (potentially this season), Poile shouldn't restrict himself from any other moves until he sees how he fits in while completing his ELC and sees Radulov sign the new contract. Then you make the moves to fit (potentially get back under) into the cap.

That may mean moving SK and/or Hornqvist.

Tangentially, I think it would be foolish to give Radulov a new contract any longer than 2 years until he proves he can actually honor one without incident. Nor should that contract be anywhere close to $5 million per until he shows he can succeed at that level against NHL talent consistently (barring a huge playoff run on his part).

If he comes back, and if he has a great attitude and fits in well on the team, then I'd offer a contract something along the lines of 2 years @ $3 - $4 million per (max), depending upon his impact.