View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 12:15 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
1. Solves Nashville need for scoring and they move UFA that did not want to be there? (my speculation)
2. Flyers get Suter and we need Suter. No explanation needed
3. Columbus get younger version of Suter. Yes, JVR is not there yet and probably will never compensate but... Columbus get LW young replacement. Get Carle and save money

now give or take a pick or a prospect to make clubs/fans happy.

trade example of player in similar statue:
Ottawa Senators traded Dany Heatley and a fifth-round draft pick in 2010 to the San Jose Sharks for Milan Michalek, Jonathan Cheechoo and a second-round draft pick in 2010.
Nashville is 5th in their conference. There's no reason for them to move their #2 defender. I'm also not so sure Nash would fit anywhere correctly on Nashville. I don't think CBJ would want Nash in the West either tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Just gonna throw out a proposal. Not sure if it works cap wise though.

To Philadelphia

Rick Nash
Grant Clitsome

To Columbus

JVR
Mez
1st
3rd
I think I'd be inclined to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
I do get a strange feeling down below thinking about Giroux with Nash, though.
It would be awesome and something I'd want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I don't think anyone thinks Schenn is terrible--he's far from it. He has a limited offensive upside, but he projects fairly easily as a solid top-4 defensemen for the next decade.

If you can get him for a back-up goalie trapped behind Bryz, I think that's an easy yes, though I would much prefer we convince Columbus (and Bryz) to take Bryzgalov instead.
I don't think Schenn is terrible neither, he does remind me somewhat of Coburn though, I'm not so sure I'd want Coburn and L Schenn on the same team.

But if we can get him in a three way deal, then sure let's do it. If the price is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Oh gawd... it's like the whole Steve Stamkos thing that happened around 1 year ago.
Sadly, I think this has more legs then that ever did.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote