View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 02:46 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Of course it is. Let me rephrase this though. Why would an NHL prospect who is projected by numerous scouting reports to be a future star defender suddenly have his value shot dead because he didn't reach that potential at 22? By this logic the Flyers can land probably 80% of the NHL's top prospects by moving Bob, a 2nd, and a 4th.

Same thing with JVR. Why would JVR's value suddenly die because he didn't reach his potential at 22? If JVR is traded his value will be higher then an average goalie, a late 2nd round pick, and a late 4th round pick. And the same thing goes for Schenn.
Well let me answer your question with another question. When do you start doubting they WONT reach their potential? But since we are talking about potential, what about Bob's? Why do we dismiss a goalie's potential but not other players? Just like we dont know how Schenn or JVR will do in the future, we dont know how Bob will do either. Just like Bob is average right now, so is Schenn and JVR.

But honestly I dont know where this conversation is going. Just dont understand how one can say Bob is average and we (assume) he has not star future potential. But, Schenn does. I think this is slightly unfair and people looking at draft positions yet again.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote