View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 03:06 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
LeBrun: The Rangers, Kings and Philadelphia Flyers would make sense to me, although the math would be really tight in New York given the money already tied up in Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik and Henrik Lundqvist. But no doubt Nash represents just what the Blueshirts need. And there are always ways to get creative cap-wise. The Rangers have some young pieces (led by Chris Kreider) that might entice the Jackets. Howson, after all, took in the Rangers-Flyers game over the weekend.

Which brings me to the Flyers, whom I believe also have interest in Nash and certainly have the young pieces to get involved (Brayden Schenn, James Van Riemsdyk or Sean Couturier, etc). Can you imagine Rick Nash on a line with Claude Giroux?

The Kings are a good fit as well, led by young netminder Jonathan Bernier as the carrot for Columbus. The Kings have other young assets such as forward Andrei Loktionov or defenseman Slava Voynov, or even blueliner Jack Johnson. As you mentioned, given L.A.’s craving for an upgrade at the wing position, it wouldn’t be out of the question that the Kings at least explore this.

Another team that could be in the mix is Vancouver. The Canucks do indeed like Nash, and the Blue Jackets would certainly have eyes on young netminder Cory Schneider in any potential deal with Vancouver.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...de-saga-begins

How are the Rangers getting creative cap wise Pierre? This from the same guy who has written story after story about the players getting less % of the gross thus lowering the cap. Come on.

The Flyers need more offense. Oh yeah. The Flyers defensive zone coverage will still suck and the pucks will go through their Russian goalies like wet bars of soap.

LA makes sense. They already made a bad trade for Richards. Lombardi can put all of his chips in the middle of the table and he won't be around to clean up the mess.

Vancouver. They have a ton of money invested in that team already.