View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 02:11 PM
overpass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I've had a lot of fun (and decent success) filling my 4th line with guys who were more like the "BPA who isn't one-dimensional". If you're playing 4th vs. 4th I think it is nice to know that for those 8-10 minutes you should be running the table. I can't name names right now but a lot of those guys I've had in the past few drafts I am pretty proud of. Martin St. Louis is one for sure.
You can see this IRL when a good forward gets put on the fourth line and looks like a star against opposing fourth lines. Nick Foligno has done that for Ottawa a couple of times this year. He's not so good that he can't get bumped down for a couple of games but he's a lot better than the Konopkas of the NHL. The main thing to keep in mind about fourth liners is that they usually only get about 30 second shifts to make an impact at ES if they aren't filling in elsewhere, and some players may find that harder than others.

Looking at LL's lineup, he could roll an old-school five forward PP with Bentley and Hull on the points.