View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
hockeyfanz*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeney View Post
True, toughness does come in many flavours.

Dmitri Yushkevich played over 1100 games and had just three fights. But no one in their right mind could possibly say that he wasn't tough... the guy was a hard-rock player who hit hard, got hit, blocked shots, and played despite numerous horrific injuries. He could play on my team any time.

Currently, I love the way Grabovski plays the game. He's a tough little s.o.b. in his own way. The guy is absolutely fearless, and is more than willing to pay the price to make a play. And no matter how hard he gets hit, he'll get right back up and do it all over again.

I really hope Burke can re-sign him, and not just for his offensive contribution. He's a warrior.
Funny how the guys you mention are both Russians, well Grabovski is technically Belarusian I believe? Correct me if Im wrong. They have the stereotype of the gutless, heartless types who you DONT want to go into tough competition like playoff hockey with. Well....those two guys you just mentioned blows the hell out of that stereotype. Both guys are warriors and both guys should be welcome on anybody's hockey team. Loved Yushkevich...he was a beast and nobody can question the heart/grit of Grabovski, IMO. Tough players who don't fight.

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote