View Single Post
Old
01-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
One thing I would love to see the Kings do more of on the broadcasting side is to add some Monarchs news on a more consistent basis. Why can't Ken Cail and co. do a weekly two minute feature on the 'Narchs? Certainly there's audio available for all games, and there's a ton of video too. Bill Gurney and/or Bob Borgen could put a nice feature together and it would really go a long way towards appeasing the die hard fans.
Remember the "Future Kings" segment that they did every once in a while for Kings telecasts? The last time they did that was '99 or so. When most players in the system make their NHL debuts with the Kings, I get the feeling that the average fan (who tunes into Kings games but doesn't follow websites like this) goes "Who?" and has nothing to be excited about. Perhaps if Fox would show highlight plays from Kopitar and Tambellini this season, for example, fans could actually become excited about them and look forward to next season even more (maybe even save their money for 06-07 season tickets or buy a Kopitar jersey). Why do I sometimes get the feeling that even I could do a better marketing job for the Kings?