View Single Post
Old
01-16-2006, 03:19 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
fine lets trade Carter and Richards then. there both bums
God I cannot believe the amount of ppl allready giving up or thinking this kid is a bust.
Nah, far from being a bust. Like I said previously, it's hard to show what you can do when you're only getting 11 minutes of ice time a game.

I know others have pointed out how Hitch has done a good job with players like Pitkanen, Gagne and Handzus, but Handzus was already a good player before Hitch got his hands on him. All what Pitkanen needed was some time to adjust to the game overseas. As for Gagne, he was progressing into a 40 goal scorer before Hitch came onboard. Once Hitch came on board, he either had him on the checking line or he was hurt. Now that Gagne is on the top line, everyone marvels at the job Hitch has done with him. Hitch has done nothing in terms of developing Gagne.

As for Carter, like I've also previously stated, I'm just upset that he gets such poor ice time and he's shown that he can produce in a limited role. If he can produce in a limited role, why not expand his role. I mean, it's not as if Richards is producing at the level Carter is. I just think that sometimes the situation in Philadelphia is a lost cause in terms of young players.

BTW, I'm not venting at you ClarkeMustGo. I'm just venting in general about the situation with young players in Philadelphia. If Carter were anywhere else, people would be marvelling at how much skill he has. In Philadelphia, it's never about skill, it's about how much defensive acumen you have.