View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 04:03 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Tocchet is worse offensively. But his much more of a physical force and fighter. He's less like a scoring power forward and more like the second line equivalent of Clarke Gillies.
Without Gillies' defense. But you're right, his mix of heavyweight fighting and not-terrible offense is Gillieseque

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Personally I'd rather have Tkachuk. Much better longevity, and honestly I think his peak is more impressive too. Has a Richard, without Lemieux clearly boosting his totals. Stevens has 3 50 goal seasons in the middle of a high scoring era, Tkachuk has two in a low scoring era. Stevens was probably a better playmaker but I honestly have no idea how much of that was boosted by Lemieux.

(That's a very quick analysis with me being in class I go into more detail later)

By no means do I see Stevens as a bad pick where he was taken, especially by Mad with Lemieux. I just can't see the 60 pick difference between the two.
Tkachuk is a fine pick, but he had an absurd amount of ENGs the season he led the league in goal scoring.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 02-14-2012 at 04:09 PM.