View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateDonovan View Post
Get over the slew-foot on Parise. It was a dumb mistake, everyone takes "idiotic" penalties. This is hockey, not some cutesy figure skating pageant. As for the "high hit" he got called charging on; it was a debatable call that I can see going both ways. He was penalized for it, and that should be the end of it.

I don't understand how you can justify a suspension for a "charging" call where the other player wasn't injured. Ericsson is 6'4 while Rinaldo is 5'11. Of course he's going to have to hit high on a guy that's 5 inches taller than him. The video shows Rinaldo leaving his feet; or as Shanahan so lovingly puts it "launching himself." Sure, call it a charge that's fine with me, but there is absolutely no need to hand out a 2 game suspension.

Bottom line: Ericsson should have been more aware of his surroundings on the ice and should not have left himself susceptible of getting hit. Rinaldo did his time in the cubical of shame, and it should of ended there. Now more so than ever Rinaldo will have himself a bad(er) reputation around the NHL. So, whenever Rinaldo delivers a big hit or has a questionable penalty Shannhan will sit in his 8 bedroom, 5 bathroom Duxbury estate, slip on his most comfortable silk robe, crack open a Sam Adams, light up a Don Arturo cigar and ponder to himself "how I can **** Rinaldo in the ass this time."
I don't think everyone does take dumb mistakes, actually...most slew foots are calculated. 2 game suspension was fair. Rinaldo was in position to lay a legal check, and decided to leave his feet.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote