View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 05:53 PM
jarek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez View Post
They're also a great example of how the ATD line-building canon isn't always right.

If they had never played together, you can almost guarantee that people would be all over that combo for a perceived lack of playmaking.

Just something for everyone (myself included) to keep in mind. Sublimely talented players can *usually* adapt to their situation quite well.
Jeff Carter and a certain first line winger that plays on Columbus come to mind. i think there have been unusual circumstances surrounding that situation, but it is an example of how two talented players won't always mesh well together.

I think the whole point is that, if a player is talented enough, they can adjust their game to take advantage of a linemate who is also very talented. I think this is also what is happening with Lupul and Kessel. Kessel has evolved his game to take advantage of a player who is also quite a good goalscorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Thats right. Take away the two disaster years in Vancouver (where the team and organization around him was a joke) he had a very impressive career.

EDIT: wait...what? Are you saying Mogilny isn't good enough to go 1st overall in the MLD?
No, he's saying that Mogilny would be so overpowered in the MLD that it would give the team that drafted him a massive advantage over anyone else.

Last edited by jarek: 02-14-2012 at 06:04 PM.