Thread: Value of: The Flyers as Sellers?
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 12:20 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Yeah but if they could just get more consistency from their defense in general, and either one of the two goaltenders starts showing some consistency, things could change. I think you look internally first, then try to go to external measures, and then last resort is selling.

I don't even think with desperation that anyone would offer up a 1st for Matt Carle. Stranger things have happened at the deadline. The Rangers shipped off Tony Amonte for Noonan and Matteau... enough said.

Yeah, Timonen won't ask. His family has to be rooted there now, and I don't see him wanting to leave in the first place. Not happening at all.
There is no internal answer with defensive prospects in our farm. Our most promising one [at least to me] is Gus, and he's up right now. Not playing bad, but makes a few rookie blunders here and there. I'm not saying I think they should sell, because I don't think that's what should happen. Selling IMO is last resort. Beyond everything.

Versteeg got a 1st and 3rd last year. The deadline brings our the craziness in everyone, including fans.

I wouldn't ask Timonen to move at all, the only way I would consider moving him if I was GM was if he came and asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
I can't wait until Briere goes on another tear these playoffs and the same Flyer fans who want to move him every year around this time look like fools again.
It's not really the sake of 'same flyers fans', it's more so people looking at all options. Thinking and wondering if a trade is possible to better the Flyers going forward. Though with the issues Briere is having with his kids and ex wife, there is no real reason for him to leave, either ask to be moved. At least IMO.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is online now   Reply With Quote