View Single Post
Old
02-14-2012, 11:38 PM
kirby11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot85 View Post
I don't mind the demotion, but this is another reason why the organization needs to shake things up at the top.

Can we really just expect players to play well with others, whatever the skill level and strengths/weaknesses they have? Does changing the ice time play a role? Is chemistry really overrated? The line changing madness of Lindy continues to drive me crazy. Was Vanek-Adam-Pommers a fluke at the start of the year? The breakup of that line was a bit puzzling to me.

Also, what is with the obsession in getting our forwards to play in different positions? Let's get guys who have the talent to play their positions well, and develop their game as much as we can.
the 1st part of this is dead on. the 2nd part is a result of some unforeseen events (hecht being injured all the time which forced others to be centers, leino sucking hard at center, adam sucking there eventually, ennis experiment, etc). but yeah, i have no clue what the **** goes through lindy's head when he makes line changes. hey, leino roy and pominville were a good line when vanek went down. oh vanek's back. i could put him with ennis and stafford and reunite the gerbe-goose-kaleta line that was effective as an energy line. no, that's dumb. let's put vanek with roy even though that hasn't worked much this year and then put leino with gaustad and kaleta. cause all forwards in the system are like interchangeable parts!

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote