Old
02-14-2012, 11:41 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Here's some fun.

Last year, the division crown took 106 points. In order to reach that mark, the Rangers have to go 13-13-1.

Now, let's suppose for a moment that they do go 13-13-1, although I hope not, because that means they're backing into the playoffs. The Bruins would have to go 18-9-1 to overtake the Rangers. The Flyers or the Penguins would have to go 19-7, the Devils 19-6-1.

Every extra win from that .500 mark the Rangers get is one more win their chasers have to get. If they go 14-12-1, the Bruins have to go 19-8-1, Flyers 20-6, etc etc.

Let's not count any chickens just yet, but I'm starting to feel pretty good about our chances.
I'd love to have another few banners go up to the rafters in MSG at the very least an Atlantic Division Banner. It ticks me off seeing all of these teams with more banners than the Rangers because they play in easier Divisions etc. That 1989-90 Banner means a lot to me for instance.

In any event, they just gotta keep on doing what they're doing. I'm not THAT excited yet because of what happened in 2005-06 which was a horrible ending to the season, but it's fun to think about. If they're still in the same position in five weeks, lets pick this up again.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote