View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 03:35 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTopper View Post
The difference is Pronger kept his positioning and roughed guys up along the boards or in front of the net. He wasn't really a big open ice hitter. Pronger also logged a TON of minutes in all situations, being a complete stud in his own zone while moving the puck up to the forwards. Not exactly something Dumba is known for.
Sorry, but I have to chime in here. This is 100% false. Dumba brings a physical game all over the ice, along the boards, in the corners, in front of the net, he isnt just an open ice hitter.

He also logs the most crazy minutes I have seen in quite some time, perhaps ever. Ive witnessed with my own eyes, and have had others corroborate Dumba being out on the ice for four to five minutes straight. Last Rebels game I saw Red Deer ran with four d for a majority of the game and Dumba was out on the ice every other shift.

Quote:
I'm not a Dumba hater. He's really exciting to watch with the big hits and offensive rushes. I know some people are worried about his size, but that's not an issue in my mind. My concern is, can he become "the guy" you lean on defensively? I heard he had a great tourney recently (u18?) where he helped shut down some big guns, but every time I see him play, he really struggles in his own zone. That's a huge problem. Maybe he develops it and becomes the best Dman in this draft by far, or maybe he has to ride the pine in the final minute of a game since he can't be trusted. Hard to predict with players this young. But I'm of the school where you want your best players to play a lot in all situations. So you can see my concern.
This is also dubious. He is relied upon in every situation by the Rebels, pp, pk, es, they dont hide him at the end of tight games either. Yes, he is still prone to gaffes in his own end, and truth be told it is probably the weakest part of his game, but he has improved quite a bit in this area from last year to this year.

He does play in ALL situations. To suggest otherwise is just flat out false.