View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 03:51 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
I agree about all the Fowler aspects, I think he's fitting into his role very quickly, which was surely not an easy thing to do for a sophomore.
The only thing I critisized him for was his ton of PP time (which isn't even his fault ), and I'm still thinking this should be reduced by a lot.
And I don't like the comparisons with Scotty, simply because one was an elite Dman while the other is on course to put up his 2nd consecutive -25 season.
Don't get me wrong, he has all the tools, but it's not like anything's guaranteed. There is a lot to learn for him, on both ends of the ice.
As for Sbisa, you could compare Luca with Beauch. Not quite on the same level yet, but in terms of playing style.
The difference is that Sbisa is playing in his 3rd NHL season while Beauch had his 1st at 25yo!
And you have to agree that we all called him an average guy inflected by the tremendous play of Scotty a few years ago. Do you also agree that we could call him a solid #2 Dman as of now?
See, that's the progress I can imagine Sbisa to make, and it's not even the absolute maximum of his potential.

Sbisa has handily outplayed Fowler for two months. i feel as if Fowlers defensive game has improved. but clear regression on PP and carrying the puck past the redline