View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 03:20 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTopper View Post
Sorry, I think there's some miscommunication going on here. I know Dumba hits all over the ice. I was more pointing out that Pronger didn't really go for the big open ice hits, instead keeping his defensive positioning. Just talking about their different approach to physical play.

As for playing in all situations, of course he plays those minutes in the WHL. He's a big time prospect. I'm talking about when he finally translates his game to the NHL. Will he be a guy you play in all situations? Just because your team uses you that way in Jr, doesn't mean that will be your role in the NHL. As you said, his D zone play is a weak spot at this point in time.
Hard to say, but eventually yes, I think so. He is a top paring dman. He will play in all situations somewhere along the line in the nhl. Probably not right away, and maybe not at all depending on what team he is on and what they like to do on special teams and who the other dmen are. He will be a Boumeester/Phaneuf/Doughty guy that is used in all situations. I have little doubt of that tbh.

Dumba is already pairing down his open ice goonery. He is paying more attention to his positional play and I believe he has been told by his coaching staff in Red Deer to tone down the big time open ice excursions and especially the resulting fisticuffs afterward. He is simply too important to the team to have sitting in the box for seven+ minutes at a time, not to mention risking getting kicked out of the game and/or suspension.

With the way the nhl is going, maybe that part of his game will have to disappear completely?

He is still one of the youngest players in his draft class, and he will most likely have time to fill out some more and work on the deficiencies in his game.