View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Moskau

vCash: 500
Couple of things. Ennis isn't a natural center. He was a shoot first player (usually winger) in Junior but has slowly transitioned into more of a playmaker at the pro ranks. His offensive game right now is better suited down the middle but if he ever decided to start shooting like he used to, he will be better on the wing by far.

Someone on here apparently had a discussion about Adam with Kevin Devine a summer or two ago and the consensus then was that Adam would be much more successful at wing than at center. And seriously people, it's really really hard to argue with that. People around here didn't want Jeff Carter because he wasn't a playmaking center. Well Luke Adam is a much slower, slightly smaller, much worse defensively, less talented version of Jeff Carter. He got thrown into a situation he shouldn't have been in to start the season if this organization had any sort of center depth. I think Regier and Ruff got sucked into the Jason Pominville trap where he can mesh well with just about anyone and thought they could ride it until the center disaster fixed itself. My hope that Adam at center was just to see what could happen and he will be back with the team next year as a winger with some real centers on the roster. I don't think he needs to be on the roster for the rest of the year, let him help the Amerks secure a playoff spot.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote