Thread: GDT: Bachleor's Night
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 04:10 AM
swissexpert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
swissexpert, Lydman is a bad example. He's a true stay-home defenseman. His production is consistent because he gets most of his points the same way, regardless of who he plays with.

Sbisa actually has some offensive talent, and a willingness to use it. He's also a solid puck mover. If Lydman were a forward he'd be a Rob Niedermayer/Pahlsson type of player. Sbisa would be a top six forward.
I'm pretty sure you were the one who corrected me when I called him a potential two-way defender earlier this season.
Why should he be a top-6 forward kind of Dman now? This would be someone who looks horrible when his partner isn't playing solid. Or as a foward, someone who's invisible in bad games and only goes on a stretch when his linemates produce.
In fact, most of Sbisas points/assists are not directly inflected by Vis. Some are outlet passes like that one yesterday, some are shots that got redirected/scored on his rebound. Then, there are some crappy 2nd assists where he didn't even know he got one.
But after all, I think he could do all of them no matter if there was Visnovsky or Beauch on his side.
I even got the feeling that it's easier to make a risky play/rush when you know Franky's defending rather than Lubo's skating in the O-zone with you