Thread: Proposal: Waive Emery
View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 09:23 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I assume you were on the "sign the guy who sucked **** in Ottawa, then was worse in Colorado" bandwagon, right?

Nope.
This is from October 3rd. You just got owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker045 View Post
I still think Emery is better then some other backups signed this year like Elliot and Conklin
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i think his play in anaheim last year is enough to give him a break on a few preseason games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Emery is SO much better than Conklin. He filled in well for Anaheim and I think Chicago will be thrilled with him. He's a better goalie than anyone on Phoenix or Florida, anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstriker045 View Post
Can't see how much worse then you can get if you watched Elliot play last year. Between him and Budaj it was more of a 'who has the less likely chance of losing this' mindset then a 'who has a better chance of winning this'. They might sound the same, but they're very different if you put them into context of how they played.

They were both sieves on a horrendous team, but i'm just surprised they got signed so fast and Emery who played very well on the Ducks only got a tryout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehr Time View Post
He is not lucky to be getting a contract, he is entitled to one. Chicago has lots of money and I believe they turned an operating profit last year. When a team makes money that means players are underpaid. Emery deserves fair compensation.
You guys are really disrespecting Elliot by comparing Emery to him and I saw a lot of Elliot last year. His performance last year was epically bad and one of the worst seasons I've seen from a goalie, particularly in Colorado. Nevertheless, Elliot > Emery.