View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 09:33 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Personally I'd like to see as many guys from this team gone as possible. The more the merrier. Go ahead and "rush" some prospects up here. We can't be the only team in the NHL who can't occasionally have an 18- or 19-year old contribute.

We need to find a #1 center in the draft as well as a #1 defenseman. We've got the goalie. Granlund, Zucker, and Phillips have potential to be great wingers for the team. Coyle can be a #2a center along with Koivu. But I think we're missing that gamebreaking center. And obviously on D there's a bunch of mediocrity and then Brodin. A big defenseman who can log minutes and has some hockey smarts and hands is key.
We could follow the Edmonton model, but have you watched an Edmonton game lately? I don't even like the team and it hurts to watch what happens to all the young players who just need some more veteran support. I don't mind having those younger players make an impact on the team, but looking at our options for next year, I really don't think Phillips is ready for the NHL. Another year of CHL probably harmed him, and he'll need a year in Houston to undo that "playing against lesser talent" mentality. Bulmer would have stayed with the team this year if we hadn't grabbed Johnson. I'd like to go into camp with a couple spots for rookies to win, but I don't think we should just sell off everyone to make room for them. At this point we should have an open spot for Granlund, a open spot on D, and one other forward spot open for Bulmer, Larsson, and any other takers to try fight for.