View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 10:58 AM
NUhockey
Roy So Hard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy1975 View Post
Yes, Arnold got the winner in OT on a beautiful top shelf shot. It's interesting how guys develop in college. Arnold has surpassed my expectations in development and I think he will be a high-end 3rd line center for the Flames. Gaudreau is an offensive prodigy and it looks like BC was the right choice for him. Kreider hasn't developed as I thought he would but I think he is one of those guys that will moderately produce regardless of hockey level. On the other side, I don't really like the development of the BU guys - Clendening and Nieto, although Nieto has been good for most of the year.

Anyway, this thread is about Gaudreau, so let's stay on topic.
I honestly think Clendening and Nieto (both second round picks) are doing quite well now and developmentally.You have to remember that there are a good deal of experienced overagers in college as well, and on top of that the talent pipeline is being distributed pretty evenly. We all can't be Paul Kariya.

As for Gaudreau, the cat is out of the bag. I think we've seen the very last morsel of teams underrating him due to appearance. For the rest of the season, and more so next year, he'll be under a microscope and he'll have to respond accordingly (I know Northeastern is going to be after him for the rest of his collegiate career). Gaudreau certainly has the skill set and IQ but he'll need to toughen up over the offseason. He's an exciting player to watch and I'm glad I can be here for the ride.

On a side note, I don't think he should have been awarded the Beanpot MVP. I feel like Bill Arnold or Brian Dumoulin should have won the award instead.