View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy

vCash: 240
Al MacInnis To Be Honoured February 27th

The Calgary Flames announced today the “Forever A Flame” program which was established to honour members of the Flames organization. Al MacInnis’s selection marks the beginning of the “Forever A Flame” program, a distinction and path that will be followed by others in the future. MacInnis will receive the honour on February 27th during Al MacInnis Night at the Scotiabank Saddledome. Al will be accompanied by his family and members of the Flames alumni in a pre-game ceremony.

“I am truly honoured to receive this recognition as a member of the Flames family and to have my name and number recognized by one of the finest hockey teams I have ever had the pleasure to compete on,” said MacInnis. “The Forever A Flame program serves a multitude of purposes but most importantly for me as a former player, it permits a bright young player in the future to wear my number and the tradition that accompanies it.”

The Flames have established a tradition that permits Flames of the future, with an opportunity to proudly wear the numbers of some of the Flames all-time greats. A special banner for the honouree will be hoisted and remain on permanent display at the Scotiabank Saddledome. “Forever A Flame” is also the beginning of an on concourse display area being created and dedicated to past and future honourees.

“We are thrilled to add Al as an honouree in what will be a group of individuals who we consider to be Forever Flames,” said Flames President & CEO Ken King.

Whole thing on the Flames website

Janko Unchained is online now   Reply With Quote