View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 12:04 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
To be fair, he has been good in the WCHs with a PPG, but pretty much terrible in the Olympics. 23 games, I think he has something like 6 points. Overall it kinda averages out, but I still don't think he's a strong international performer.

However I do think he's not a disaster in the NHL playoffs either. If you take out the last playoffs he was in at the end of his career (as a 37 year old), and the first playoffs he was in with the Jets in his rookie year (he played 17 regular season games that year), he has 78 games with 53 points, good enough for a .68 PPG average. Not as high as his .88 PPG average, but not a disaster by any stretch either.

Pretty much I'm trying to put Tkachuk is a really good position to succeed, with a physical line where he doesn't have to take all of the beating, and with the center with whom he had his best goal scoring year. When the playoffs come along, I just want some support scoring from him, which I think he is capable of. I'm not asking him to be the star of this team, which is what he was with the Blues. I think I have put him in the position to succeed here up to his capablities in the playoffs.
I think Bugg showed last time that Tkachuk's even strength offense was okay in the playoffs, but his power play offense (a big part of what he does in the regular season) basically went to nothing in the playoffs.