View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah but it would stay roughly the same. If the cap goes up (which I think everyone is assuming it will), the compensation for Weber will still likely be the two firsts, a second, and a third. He is going to be in that 2nd tier of compensation range regardless of what those numbers are. If the cap goes up drastically, his contract will likely follow. I don't think the cap is going to go down so I doubt his new contract would either. Right now the top tier is close to $8 million. I don't see him getting that much at this point and if the cap goes up and those tiers shift upward, I don't think his contract will go up by much more than the proportion than the cap goes up, thus keeping him in that second tier.

The only way it is really going to change is if they overhaul the entire system, which is possible being that there is a new CBA coming, but like I said, from what I can tell neither side has any issue with the compensation for RFAs.
I think you are right that Weber's cap hit will likely end up there, but wrong in implying that a team can pay that price and get him.

I think that as long as Weber's base cap hit is in that range, he will be in Nashville next year. The only way a team could pry him away via offer sheet is to make a much larger per-year offer.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote