Thread: Rant Time
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Agree to disagree dawgbone. The line of YDT wasn't even together last night despite the great chemistry you are eluding to.

And you think just because they are in the NHL means they are better coaches than what I could do.(When it comes to certain aspects of the job I would prefer Lowetide running the show other than MacT ) Just because a person is in a position means they are good at it. Lowe and MacT are buddies. Sather and Low are buddies, most recently Dudley and Ludzik are buddies.

Playing in the NHL for many years and being an articulate and intelligent guy like Craig MacTavish gives him a certain amount of credibility when applying for an NHL job.

I don't call MacT a bad coach. I say he knows nothing about setting line combinations and developing a cohesive unit like most teams do for their top units.(The pluses are his candor, his ability to motivate, his intensity, his attention to defense) Over the last two to three years he has proven my theory. Either that or there hasn't be a player intelligent or good enough to develop any chemistry within this team during MacT's tenure.