View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 04:39 PM
BadgersandBlues

vCash: 500
Thanks for the honest and respectful responses, even though I probably should have thought out my title a little bit better lol.

How is your team set up going forward? It seems that like the Blues, the Rangers have been integrating a lot of young talent over the last couple of years, and have been sniffing around the playoffs for awhile now, even making them last year. This year seems to be the year you guys (like the Blues) have put it all together, as you're currently first in the league. (Or at least you will be, once you catch up to the Wings in GP)

So I'm assuming if there were to be a trade, you would be looking for young talent that's either in the NHL or NHL ready, or guys in their prime, vs. rentals/long term prospects/draft picks. Also, it seems that you are looking for scoring.

Do you have any interest in Ian Cole? He's a former first rounder (#18 2007) who played three years for Notre Dame, and played in the AHL last year and this year, with a handful of NHL games in-between. He's a strong (I think he came in second on our team to Roman Polak during training camp in strength testing) physical D-man with decent size 6' 2" 220 LBS and -some- offensive potential. He has had some ups and downs, (He had a great game against Pitt this year where he stuck with Crosby and Malkin and shut them down, but has also had games he hasn't really done much in) I personally don't think he's going to be a top pairing guy, but his ceiling is easily a top 4 D-man in the NHL. A lot of us in STL think he's kinda the odd man out going forward as our two bottom pairing guys (Jackman and Russell) both play well and compliment their partners. (Shattenkirk and Polak respectively) Cole's availability would hinge on if Jackman would be willing to resign with the Blues this off-season for the right price (All signs to that point to yes though) However, hypothetically speaking, would a package of say

Cole, Stewart, 1st be at least a decent starting point for Staal? This would be during the off-season, not at the deadline. Or would it -have- to be a current top 6 NHL forward, and a blue-chip offensive prospect?

BadgersandBlues is offline   Reply With Quote