View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Bennrocks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
If we trade for Nash or Carter and it's not a steal, I honestly don't see how I could be a Stars fan much longer.

Carter, if what is said of him in the LR and off the ice is true, is not the kind of guy you want on your team. He doesn't seem to be the kind of person Nieuwy would try to acquire, and even though he can score and has an okay contract, the most I'd offer is Glennie + Besko + 2nd. But if Howson trades Carter for anything less than the value of Voracek + 8th overall, he should be fired instantly. He (should be) smarter than that.

Nash has a higher cap hit and no one knows how well he plays in the playoffs. Sure, he's far more talented, but we have plenty of scoring wingers. And I can't see them trading the face of their franchise.

And why would we even attempt to go after one of them? We've all pretty much written off this season, and GMs talk all the time, unless I'm misinformed or something. I'm fine with Brassard or Vermette, but not Nash or Carter.
i think the **** coming out of philly about locker room cancer drinking etc was all just propaganda to prevent the casual fan about getting all up in arms about dealing fan favorites