View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have View Post
The world championships start after that and end somewhere in mid-may. Radulov will play at the WC. That means he's not going to play in Nashville this season.

But for the future. I believe the only reason Radulov doesn't play in the NHL right now is money. And if he doesn't play in the NHL in the future, it's because of money. He made a contract of $8m/3y in 2008 with Ufa. And that's the official salary, that's been told to public. The real salary...well, it's Russia.

I didn't find his new contract's official pay, but it's probably much bigger than the 2008 contract. That's simply because the KHL is growing with a heck of a speed. And there's no real salary caps there. And the official salary and the actual salary do not meet, cause it's Russia. And because KHL is a hobby for the team owners (as in NHL it's a business).

Bottom line: I don't think Radulov is going to play for less than $5m/y. And even that might not be enough.
Hmm...play in the World Championships or burn the final year of your ELC and sign an extension to play in the NHL? It's probably a ~$4+ mil question...