View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 08:58 PM
KingsfanInsano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
The main reason giving up JJ is so hard isn't for on-ice reasons; it is because he negotiated his own long-term deal, and has a "Kings tattoo on his butt". Trading him, although logical, could have negative consequences in the locker room.
I was thinking this exactly. What kind of message does this send to other player on the team. I think that a deal around bernier/voynov and isn't too far from jj/bernier. Bernier/VV and a 1st + considering this year's draft class might just do it.

Pulling the trigger might depend on the trust that dean has in the farm and scouting system b/c that is a big contract. JQ still need to be signed and that will be b/w 6/7 million I'm guessing.

Lombardi once said that it takes tome to establish a reliable scouting system and if ours is now established and institutionalized (for lack of better word) then we can pull the trigger and have a nice revolving door of quality young guys coming out of the minors to fill roll positions rather than overpaying for guys like still, zeus , and defensemen.
Then we can afford nash's contract and pay JQ.

Last edited by KingsfanInsano: 02-15-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: forgot a the end