View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 08:02 PM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez View Post
Who are you going to be playing him with?
My lines are pretty set right now.

I really like the skills of my first line of Frank Mahovlich - Sidney Crosby - Didier Pitre. The only thing that is missing is a gritty, hard ass presence on that line, but as I decided to take D's and a G with 3 of my first 6 picks, I decided to go with speed and skills, and take the best offensive players available. All three are strong players, no pushover, that can hold their own against any players, but won't scare away the competition. I'm can live with that.

My second line right now is Paul Thompson and Odie Cleghorn, with a hole in the centre. I have a few options in my head right now to compliment them. As I went heavy with D's and took my first round on a goaltender, this won't be a line that will wow people, but I feel that when this line will be complete, the skills and the chemistry of those three together will make it a great line, considering the rounds I selected them.

My third line right is Nick Metz - Ralph Backstrom, with a hole on the right side. Two third of a great defensive line. I already told that I took Backstrom specifically to play against your Wayne Gretzky. I thought speed and smart was the way to go against Gretzky, over brutal force. Him and Metz will do their best and 'try' to contain Kurri and Gretzky, as much as you can do so.

I'm extremely please by how the players fell to me thus far. I traded down from 270 to 297 and got great value in return, and still took the guy (Backstrom) that I should of initially took at 270 (I just didn't thought of him at the time!)

Flame away!

EDIT: If I could of had Stastny at 115th, over Crosby, it would of been an almost perfect draft so far. At least, for my own amusement