View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

vCash: 500
I think the Oil will play their way out of the 2 spot with a healthy lineup. If they don't I'm torn. My general belief is to take a forward first when drafting that high. I also feel the Oil pipeline still needs top six talent upfront. Pitlick may get there, Harki and Hamilton I view as tweeners top 9. Gagner may or may not be a 2C, although I like him more than some on this board, jury is still out.

If Oil pick 2, I think they need to take Grigorenko as likely BPA. However, if they draft at 3 or lower, my guess is a offensive first defenseman and I think that is Dumba or Reinhart.

The trees are coming on defense with generally good two way games in Klefbom, Marancin, and project Gernat. Teubert, Musil and possibly Plante (with a prime year Smid) provide crease clearing presence and snarl. Missing is that elite offenseman to drive the power play. I think that player is Dumba. Reinhart has the game too and the Oil have lots of looks at these two.

Trouba is in this vein. As would Rielly if he were not hurt. Murray, like many front running prospects has perhaps been overexposed and now his game is being picked apart somewhat. No doubt a big minute NHLer, but will his offense translate?

But the two kids in their back yard give them a ton of information. And I think confidence in deciding among an incredible d crop.