View Single Post
Old
02-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
I dont think mortal is even close to fair describing lundqvist's play in the playoffs. Pathetic could be used tod escribe the teams that were in front of him. But he almost single handedly willed them past washington the other year and besides the first devils series and the one pens series he's been dominant against top seeds with poor teams in front of him. I've been nothing but impressed by his PO performances
The play in front of him notwithstanding, the ability to carry your team in the playoffs is part of the evaluating criteria, for me at least.

He's looked very good at times, and merely good at times. But he's never quite made me say "This guy can carry us into a finals."

But this year, at least so far is different. I've always argued that the difference between Lundqvist and Vezina (along with being the clear cut best goalie in the league), is the one rough patch he seems to have every year.

This year, he's taken it to a whole new level. And I hope the same holds true for the playoffs.

When I look back at Richter, he was kind of like Eli Manning. In clutch situations, he was just other wordly.

That's not to say Lundqvist isn't. But the standard is a cup.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote