View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 12:45 AM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Anton View Post
The problem is, JR's definition of a first line winger could be anyone. He'll go out and acquire say, Dustin Penner and play it off as "Cole's replacement", similarly to what he did to Ponikarovsky and to an extent, Stewart. So he probably wouldn't be looking for a Nash or a Semin, more than likely he'll be looking for a Penner or someone like Raymond from Vancouver.

well, if that's the case, then we do have a '1st line winger' Raymond to potentially offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Anything more than Raymond for Mcbain is OVERKILL.

Is he not a 3rd pairing defenseman?

See no reason to move a productive forward a developing prospect and a pick for him.

Are we all that brainwashed by tsn that we want to trade everything for 3rd pairing defenseman.

Deadline come soon, the trade offers are sucking my will to live. Oh the humanity.
He would land on the 3rd pairing in Vancouver to start with, yes. He's a young, developing top-4 guy though. And thus unlike most of the various other 'depth' rental guys fans seem to be after, McBain has upside and the potential to step right up to the top-4 when called upon, work the PP effectively, and move the puck well.

The most important aspect for me, is that i'd much rather make the extra outlay of assets to bring in someone who will have a promising future with the team and room to grow, rather than a pure rental band-aid who doesn't really fit the system, and will likely walk away in the summer.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote