View Single Post
Old
01-18-2006, 12:27 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
It's pretty obvious that the team's problems go beyond having a few players missing. That should be fairly clear from the last two games.
Demitra, Visnovsky, and Frolov are gigantic subtractions for this team. Just look at their points. They are 3 of the Kings top 4 producers. Still, I agree the problems are far beyond missing these players. I imagine it isn't easy for a player to instantly change his role on the team and fill in for a players that have been carrying the team, especially when they are a different caliber player. Sorry, but Avery is not Demitra and Brown is not Frolov.

The defense was terrible this game... not just defensively, but the lack of puck control usually starts with a good pass or rush from the defense. Visnovsky is HUGE in that respect. I don't think we have anybody that can fill those shoes right now. Eventually it looks like Grebeshkov could be that type of player but he certainly isn't ready especially after what we saw tonight. Corvo's stock is falling fast, so much that I may join the Corvo-bashing bandwagon after putting him in our top 3 defensemen earlier this season.