View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 08:20 AM
SuperAlmeida

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
With Parenteau holding off talks of an extension with the Islanders, I would like to see the Kings acquire him for Martinez and another prospect (like Moller or Holloway or Kozun).

Parenteau would give Mike Richards an actually talented winger who can setup plays and also shoot the puck. I think the assets that would be required to acquire Parenteau would also be less significant that the ones that would be used to acquire more of an impact player as part of a bigger trade.

I think Parenteau will easily command up to $3M in the open market and would be worth retaining, depending on how he performs of course. But this is all a pipe dream...
I would love to get P.A. Parenteau. He's a better version of Justin Williams and would be a much better option than Ales Hemsky. All three are playmaking wingers. I believe that Parenteau would improve our powerplay drastically, with more puck posession. So far it has been shots from the perimeter and it has not worked well without Smyth, Simmonds and Handzus. Furthermore, I believe that Parenteau could help DD back to 2009/10 form.

I would offer Martinez(+) for Parenteau.

My list:
1) Rick Nash
2) PA Parenteau
3) Steve Downie

I hope we get one of them.

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 02-16-2012 at 08:26 AM.