Thread: Leafs Hockey IQ
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
The system that we play requires high lvl of IQ. Extremely fast breakout is needed to be successful in this system. That is why Schenn and Komisarek struggle because they are not adept at moving the puck really fast. The system also probably makes the defense men look "dumber' than they are.

I will give the defense a 7 out of 10.
Offense 7.5 out of 10.
I agree with this statement. If our playing style was left in the hands of the Detroit Red Wings, and we had guys who could think and adapt to the quick play, the system would be more consistently effective.

Last night was a total disaster despite the win. I think they played just as poorly as they did in Calgary, and while I'm glad we got the points, it shows we're still very much in the woods.

-How did Hemsky get behind the defense like that for that breakaway?
-The Lombardi change leading to the Hall goal.
-How did Eberle get like three steamboats in the slot to tie it up?
-Connolly giving up on the puck before the 4-1 in OT was a disgrace. I don't think his game winner makes up for his patent lack of urgency.
-Liles was making horrible passes behind the play all night and getting handled in front of the net.
-Very poor gap control, it was like both teams were out for pleasure skates, I've seen more attention to details in this year's All-Star game.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote