View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
I don`t think we will, but if he plays well , i will gladly eat the ****.

I`m not a price hater, but i`m not going to come on here and say
he`s an elite goalie, when he isn`t right now. Do i think he can be,
yes for sure....... but he has to be in the game for the whole 60 mins

One game winner take all, if thomas was a hab as well ,who would you want in your goal right now, Thomas or Price

This season he`s stepped backwards a little.
He`s been aweful on breakaways and shootouts this year, just aweful.
The only goalie I'd take over Price in the NHL is Pikka Rinne, and maybe Lundqvist.
If we'd have Thomas over Price, not only would he not look as good without his defense lead by big Chara, but he'd also tire out because he wouldn't have the luxury to be used for only 50ish games. Thomas plays half the games outside his crease, if it weren't for his defense he'd be god awful.

Price has to have one of the worst defense group in the NHL. I'm not sure if you realize but we started the year with our #6-7-8 Dmen in the roster. Emelin/Diaz/Weber were brought in to fight for that final spot. Gill, Markov, Spacek, PK, Gorges were regulars. Then we signed Campoli, so everything pointed towards those regular NHLers being our core. Markov wasn't ready, Campoli and Spacek got injured early, so we started with our #7 D, and two others that were either #8 or AHL bound.
I think Columbus is the only other NHL with such a horrible defense group.
If it weren't for the rookies playing well, Emelin and Diaz, things could have gone even worse.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote