View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 12:12 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Grigorenko is less physical than Malkin from what I've seen. He's also much slower.

That doesn't mean he's afraid of contact or anything, but it means people who think he's a power forward because he's tall are going to be disappointed. I see a lot of Thornton and Yashin in him - if he has the right attitude he won't bust, but I just don't see Malkin.

Not that it matters because we aren't drafting 2nd, but I'm convinced this board's Grigorenko love is more based on where he plays/who he plays for.
I don't think anyone is calling Grigorenko a power forward,big yes but a wizard with the puck on his stick.The defencemen will be backing off from him when he's got the puck,if the Habs are lucky enough to score Grigorenko,they will have their best offensive player since the "Flower" Lafleur.Take into account what he's had to do coming into the CHL in his rookie season and he's younger than Yakupov.As for where he plays I'm sure you're right all our fans want him to play for Montreal in Quebec,and he seems to flourish in the QMJHL,I can't imagine how well he would play given two years in Quebec for the Red Devils/Remparts.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-16-2012 at 12:25 PM.