Thread: Confirmed with Link: Boychuk Resigns 3yrs/3.36m per
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
gillesgilbert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
for 3 years we wanted him gone.. for most of last year 99% of this board was saying put him in the ahl

ryder was asked numerous times to step up when we needed him. he was paid to be our first line guy and let us down again and again when put onto the first line. i know eventually he had a good playoff for us, and he did outplay sturm for us last year.. but at training camp we all wanted to keep sturm and ship out ryder to the ahl. we all knew he was completely untradable... so we all said buy the bum out...

then he managed one good playoff run... but in NO WAY did that mean we should resign him to a long term deal again. if he manages to have a good 30-50 game stretch with dallas.. then wonderful. happy for him...

but im very very very happy not to be stuck on the hook at 3.5 mill on another multiyear deal for a guy that was never better then a streaky 3rd liner for us
I agree Ryder didn't deserve a multiyear deal but I certainly would like to see him on the team now with Horton and Peverley out .Ryder is a legitimite sniper and the B's don't have too many of those guys.

gillesgilbert is online now   Reply With Quote