Thread: PGT: We suck in SO
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Habit11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Something which seems to be the norm for teams which struggle in the SO is that they play musical chairs with who their shooters are.

I say pick a core group of 4 and stick within that group. Make it an assigned role instead of some random event. According to the announcer on the feed I was watching last night, Julien knows what his SO order is going to be PRIOR to the game. RC and JM seem to use the SO as a tool to motivate a player (i.e. Gomez) or for reasons too obscure for me to make sense about.

This wouldn't change the problem that Price has been completely awful in SOs this season, but it probably would help on the other side of the equation. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

A comparison between the Bruins and the Habs in SO this season is comical.

Boston (7-1) shooting percentage for....50%....... save percentage for 80.8%
Habs (2-8) shooting percentage for...18%....... save percentage for (Price 56.7%/Budaj 66.7%)

Surprised me that the shooters for the Habs have been relatively much more awful than Price
That makes a lot of sense. Identify your top 3 shooters through repeated practice shootouts, then the next 3 best if it goes extra rounds, and stick with those guys.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote