Old
01-18-2006, 11:11 AM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
Tubby --

I agree on Lubo's minutes, but I would have the Paul Kariya rule for Lubo were I coaching this team. Anyone hits Lubo, and they have to fight the rest of the night. Obviously, we need a real enforcer like Brashear or Laraque for this to work.

As for other injuries, obviously not all of them are caused by physical play, but some were. You can't have a physical team like ours and not protect your skilled players.
The only thing that would accomplish is lesser talented teams would run Lubo and muck it up the rest of the night, especially if the Kings stop focusing on winning and start focusing on retaliation.

This team does not need an enforcer. An enforcer does absolutely nothing. When Montreal set the record for injuries a few years ago, they had some enforcers that skated a regular shift and that didn't stop anything. The entire team needs toughness, not just all the toughness vested in one or two guys.

But I do agree with your (a.) and (b.). I'm not sure what could be done about it as I wonld not want to say that we're changing the system because working hard is becoming to difficult.