View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 04:26 PM
moosehead81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
See, this. Just because someone is primarily a centre doesn't mean he can't play wing. It's easier to go from a centre to a wing. To man y posters pigeon-hole a guy at a poistion for life like it's almost as odd to see someone change positions as it is to see a no armed pitcher in the big leagues.

Brent Burns moved to defense from wing when coming to the NHL, and that's a very tough transition. I have little doubt Carter can play the wing and do it well. Given he'd be getting out a situation he's obviosuly not happy with and coming to a team which has his BFF and other familiar faces (Stevens for example) I doubt he'd be to worry about playing the wing.
I'm not saying Carter "cannot" play wing- just that he never seemed too happy to do so when that change was made for short periods of time in Philadelphia. Also, his board play is not that great; he's an open ice player with a great release and hard shot, particularly from the offensive face-off areas. However, he'd probably happily play goal if given the chance to escape Columbus, so maybe he'd be just as happy to play wing. Just saying if he gets unhappy you might have a problem. I certainly don't want to see Richards at wing over Carter playing center- Richards is a far better play-maker than Carter IMO.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote