Thread: Jurco
View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 06:34 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Haven't watched enough 2011-12 games because my work has taken over, whereas I used to be able to drive home regularly to see the games, but based on the past couple years

I don't find him particularly 'fast', but he has the weapons in his arsenal to make something happen. Decent passing on a team with ridiculous talent allows Saint John players to make otherwise dangerous plays. If Jurco is sat on one of his dekes in the NHL it'll not be well received.

He was in god mode in January but slowed/stuttered a bit. He is streaky, but not for lack of effort (see: Kovalchuk is streaky, but always trying. Rob Schremp is a terrible comparison). I think a 60pt 2nd line winger who might get some pp time if he pans out. Jurco will probably need some developing years in the AHL though.
Yeah I think the streakiness was the biggest reason he slipped in the draft I read. Partially due to not having the compete level but he was stuck behind a lot of guys on his team last season and didnt get the huge minutes a lot of high junior picks do.

This year, his biggest weakness, his streakiness has completely disappeared. Thats why I'm getting excited about him. His skill set is one of the tops from his draft year, he could be the real deal

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote