Old
01-18-2006, 04:55 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd
true, not much left to prove...

For selfish reasons I may want him to stay at the U of M, cuz he's one of my favorite players ever to watch play.

But, I'm starting to think the AHL would be good for him. Let him play against older men, see if his scrappy, chippy style works there, who knows he may even drop the gloves a time or two.

I think he will thrive there, put him on a line with a westrum, law, or even a pouliot next ...give him some talent to work with and he will put up points, he can play on a grind line or a scoring line, he's a pretty dynamic player.

He will never be a 85 pt player, but i can see him being a 45-50 pt player, who just hounds other teams and gets tons of ice time in big games.

maybe I am a bit homerish with this...best case scenario...I could see Irmen developing into an iginlaish power forward captain...I mean, it could happen, if it does, great...but I think Irmen will fill a big void we have right now, a lack of a physical presence with a scoring touch, and is responsible as hell as a 2-way forward...

dammit, I am digging this pick more and more- its nice to actually see one of these picks develop, as opposed to reading about it or hearing about it from someone else.